To save water effectively, and most importantly legally, in several ways. For the use of these methods, no inspector will be able to make a claim to the landlord or non-residential premises, to impose fines. Some ways to save water will require investment of funds, others will cost those who want to reduce its consumption in a few pennies. The effectiveness of the proposed methods is individual for each individual case.
How not to allow the toilet "flush" money out of pocket
Plumbing manufacturers offer an "economical" version of the toilet. The peculiarity of this product is that it has two (instead of the usual one) buttons for draining. One is used to flush urine, the other is feces. The first button allows for one click to grind off only half of the contents of the cistern. The second empties it completely.
- Pros "economical" toilet. The user can stop the flow of water at any time simply by releasing the button. By simple calculations, it can be concluded that it will be possible to save 1/3 of the usual displacement spent per month. It is advisable to install such toilet bowls in offices, houses (if there are a lot of tenants), in enterprises and in places of large concentrations of people.
- Cons of this type of plumbing. First of all - the cost. A toilet with water saving function is expensive. In addition, some models do not have a separator between the buttons, so the user can not always click on only one of them. Also for the installation of the toilet will need to attract specialists, which would entail additional costs.
Reduce water consumption toilet
There is another way to save water in the toilet. And to change the plumbing is not necessary. Several (from 1 to 4 pcs.) Half-liter plastic bottles filled with water will help reduce costs. They need to be immersed in an empty tank (after blocking the water supply of the toilet bowl), then open the access of water so that the tank is filled.
- Benefits savings with the help of bottles. The homeowner can independently regulate the amount of water in the tank. The principle of action of the bottles is the displacement. It is known that water stops flowing into the tank when the float reaches a certain point. Due to the presence of bottles, it takes significantly less water to raise the float to the desired level. This method of saving does not require costs.
- Cons of the way. If four bottles are put in the tank, the savings will be substantial (two times less water per drain - 4 liters instead of 8 liters). However, sometimes there may not be enough water to completely clean the toilet. In this case, you will have to flush again, waiting until the tank is full. But all the same, for two such washes a standard amount of water will go - 8 l.
We wash the dishes qualitatively, but with minimal “losses”
Those who use special detergents for washing dishes know that they need to be thoroughly washed out. Often this is quite problematic, especially if the water is cold. Just a couple of units of kitchen utensils can take a few liters of water, which not everyone can afford. There are effective and simple ways to save water in the kitchen, which do not require serious investments.
One of them is the installation on the kitchen faucet sprinkler. This special device causes the flow of water to flow under great pressure as a result of spraying the jet.
- Advantages of the method. The device is inexpensive, install it on the crane can even a woman. No additional devices are required for its operation. From the first minutes of use, the hostess will notice that she has to open the tap quite a bit, and the water flow is quite powerful. Visually see the water savings in the kitchen will be able to those who have installed water meters (meters).
- Minuses. If you open the tap abruptly almost completely, water spray may extend beyond the sink. Sometimes you need to spend a few seconds to adjust the optimal power head. If there are kids in the house, they don’t always immediately learn to regulate the flow quickly.
There are other savings methods. For example, manipulations with counters. However, they are illegal and can lead to serious trouble for the owners in the form of fairly large fines.